Indoor Climbing Lesson
Why do climbers scale mountains? In Alberta its obvious! Blue Skies fantastic scenery, need we say more? Reach new personal heights with this LuxDay experience.
The package includes:
- Introductory 3 hour lesson
- One-month pass for unlimited climbing.
During the two-hour intro course, you will learn basic belay techniques, knots, and the communication methods necessary to climb indoors. With a low teacher-to-student ratio of 1 to 10 in order to provide individualized attention and give everyone ample climbing time you will soon be climbing confidently. Afterwards use your one-month pass to practice!
The Crux Climbing & Bouldering
As one of North America's tallest indoor climbing gyms, The Crux Climbing & Bouldering challenges participants of all ages and proficiency levels to climb 72-foot walls peppered with colour coded holds an routes. Internationally and national certified staff members will strap you into your necessary safety rental gear before you are released to explore more than 12,000 square feet of climbing space. Open yourself to one of natures most amazing challenges.
- The lesson Includes gear rentals and supervised instruction for 3 hours.
- Shoe rentals are not included in this price but can be rented at the gym.
- To book you must pre-register by phone and you can bring a friend! No walk ins please.
- 24 hour cancellation required but the monthly pass starts from the original cancelled lesson date.
- Children under 16 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Children must be aged 12 or older to climb on their own.
- Monthly passes start the day after your first lesson. Gear rentals are not included for monthly passes but can be rented.
- This offer is exclusive to LuxDay Experiences and cannot be purchased at the front desk.
A note about children:
Alberta regulations state that children must be 12 years of age or older to belay in our facility without instructor supervision. This means that a child younger than 12 can learn how to belay (as an instructor is present), but they have to be 12 to belay by themselves after they've learned. Children of any age can climb however: we've had a 3 year old get to the top of our 60ft wall. We have both adult and infant harnesses available.
Belay only pricing: If a parent is entering the facility to belay for a child/children, and they're not actively participating in climbing, we do not charge for the parent to be a belay slave. Any equipment rentals and children's day pass fees (as applicable) will be assessed at normal pricing.
1415, 28 St NE Calgary T2A 2P6