Via Ferrata Suspension Bridge
Banff has a NEW adventure for all thrill seekers, led by a certified guide you will climb above the Banff Mt Norqua ski area, you are guided by a series of cables, ladders and a suspension bridge. No previous climbing experience is necessary.The Norquay Via Ferrata is located on the cliffs above The Cliffhouse Bistro at the top of the North American Chairlift.In total there’s about 300m of Via Ferrata and about 1350m of trail.
- Explorer Route
- 15min open air chairlift ride
- Viewing walkway and sightseeing platform
- Cliff House Bistro. Snacks and meals. Craft brews and wines served.
- Climb on fixed anchors, cables and ladder.
- Duration 2.5 hours
- Adult Price: $139.00 (Ages 12 and up)
- Your Tour Includes: 2.5hr excursion, Equipment orientation, Guided high-alpine climbing experience, Includes your safety equipment & helmet
- Explorer Route
- Warm clothes - dress for the weather
- Remember your camera!
- For proper footwear requirements please visit summer.banffnorquay.com/guides-faq/
- Minimum age restriction is 12 years and minimum weight is 80lbs (35kg)
- Maximum weight is 250lbs (110kg)
Departure Information: Opening June 19, 2014 - June - October Chairlift open 9am - 6pm
Duration: 2.5 hours
Where to meet: North American Lodge or leave your car at the hotel or campground and allow us to bring you up the Norquay access road. Buses run from Banff with pickups at major hotels.
Bus Timetable from Banff to Norquay (subject to change):
|NORQUAY SUMMER BUS SERVICE - 2015|
|Banff Springs Hotel||7:45||9:45||11:20|
|Mount Royal (lot at rear)||7:50||9:50||11:30||13:45||15:45|
|Banff Park Lodge (Opposite)||7:53||9:53||11:33||13:48||15:48|
|Inns of Banff (Opposite)||7:58||9:58||11:38||13:33||15:33|
|Delta Royal Canadian||8:01||10:01||11:41||13:36||15:36|
|High Country Inn||8:03||10:03||11:43||13:38||15:38|
|ARRIVES AT NORQUAY||8:15||10:15||12:00||14:00||16:00|