White Water Rafting Half Day (pm)
This Exciting Luxday half day rafting trip is ideal for families or first timers. The Kananaskis River provides a consistent (dam controlled) whitewater experience, closest to Calgary, Banff and Canmore, Alberta.Banff white water rafting tours are available as trips from Banff, Canmore or Calgary, Alberta is one of the most popular summer activities. Whether that be on the family friendly Kananaskis River, the more adventurous Horseshoe Canyon, with optional cliff jump or the high thrills of rafting on the Kicking Horse River, BC.
Winding through the picturesque landscape of Kananaskis Country, the Kananaskis River is a great whitewater experience for families or as a group outing. Conveniently located 45 minutes west of Calgary in the front ranges of the Canadian Rocky Mountains, this river offers the novice rafter a thrilling and fun introduction to whitewater rafting.
Itinerary and highlights:
- Duration 4 hours
- Start Time: 1.45 PM
- River time 1.5 to 2 hours
- Scenic views of the front range Rocky Mountains
- Class II & III family friendly rapids
- Free photos!
Price is per person.
Adult price $99.00 (16 plus)
Start Time: 1.45 PM
Season May 13th - September 18,2016
You will have a Professional River Guide with each boat - who will explain and demonstrate paddle, safety and emergency techniques
- All safety equipment: wetsuits, lifejacket, helmet, rainjacket, wetsuit booties and gloves
- Dryland safety instruction
- Practice paddling on the river before the waves
The Chinook Rafting Experience
- 30 Year Safety Record
- Refreshments and snacks to charge up on after your tour
- All modern and dry equipment provided (wetsuits, booties, spray jackets, life jackets and helmets)
- Transporation available from Banff and Canmore
- FREE photos with your trip
Remember to bring:
- Swimsuit - have it on under your clothes prior to your trip for added convenience
- A towel and a bag - to hold your personal belongings whilst you’re out on the river
- A toque/beanie/wooly hat - on cold days for under your helmet, it will get wet.
- A change of clothes including a warm fleece for after your rafting trip
- Clothes suitable for the day - all your personal belongings will be left in your vehicle or in your personal bag while you are rafting.
- Contact lenses - are OK if you are comfortable swimming in them, please tell your guide.
- Sunscreen - great on a hot day, avoid putting it above or near your eyes.
- Medical Concerns - please bring any medication you may need and inform your guide of any medical condition.
- Price does not include transport
- Cameras - do not bring your camera on the raft unless it is waterproof. Same day action photo CDs are for sale at reasonable prices
- Glasses or sunglasses - are not recommended unless secured by eyeglass holders or retainers.
- Valuables - best left behind in your hotel or car.
Where to meet:
- Meet at Nakoda Lodge - Directions to Nakoda Lodge and a Google map.
- Please allow 45mins driving time (one way) from Banff/Calgary
- Transportation - available at a small fee for most of our trips.